Blah, blah…lost 130 pounds…blah, blah. Now most of you are probably thinking that’s great and wonderful, but there are a few things you should know.
- Padding in the rear: Every time we go to the movies, Jimi is constantly shifting in his seat. Certain cars are also uncomfortable. I had no idea what the deal was until I lost the weight. I now have ZERO butt – no junk in this trunk. Yeah, yeah…I need some lunges and squats. In the meantime, I can’t get through the previews when we go to the theater without shifting in my seat. I’m so sorry I never felt bad for all you skinny people!
- Saggy skin: I was really worried about this part – especially since I lost 80 of those pounds in a year. Surprisingly, it’s not as bad as I thought. Believe me, those first 2 months were disappointing – even though I was losing a ton of weight, my skin looked horrible to me. I was thinking I’d never wear a swimsuit in public ever again. However, since I’m only eating healthy food, my skin is benefiting. It’s actually tightening up over time – it’s really amazing. Also, I read that it actually could take up to two years for your skin to get back to normal. Considering I took 36 years to get it stretched out, I think that’s pretty good.
- Sensitivity to cold: Oh my goodness! I don’t know how skinny people stand it. I have new respect for you guys. It drops in the 60’s, and I’m decked out in a heavy hoodie and still shivering!
- Shaving: I had not cut myself shaving in over 20 years until I lost all that weight. Now, I have bones to navigate around – damn skinny knees! I occasionally have slightly stubbly knees – now you know. Deal with it lol.
- Momma needs a new pair of shoes: So apparently my arches had fallen due to all the weight which made my feet longer. After losing all the weight, I’m a full size smaller in heels! Anybody need some size 10 heels?
- Cleavage: What cleavage? Seriously, I wore a size G (yes, G) bra before. Now, I can tearfully say they are a C and still shrinking. I was upset about losing those cantaloupes at first, but I’ve come to terms with it. I was thrilled to actually be able to buy bras at Victoria’s Secret, but guess what the smallest size is…that’s right 32 whatever. And I’m now a 32! I might actually get too small to wear a bra from there – now that sucks! The good thing about having small boobies now is that I no longer drop food in my cleavage! Seriously, with the G’s, that was definitely an issue
After initially posting this, I remembered a few things that I’d inadvertently left off this list:
- Periods: Some of the guys reading this should probably just skip right on to the next bullet. Seriously, I never knew what a regular cycle was because I didn’t have one. My menstruation cycle would range from 25 days to 44 days. After I became vegan (I hadn’t even lost 20 pounds), I started having regular periods – 28 days every single time. The cool thing is I can actually plan stuff around it….and know when the mood swings are going to strike lol.
- Problem skin: For some reason, I had some extremely dry skin on my forehead. Even during the summer months, I really had to over moisturize just to keep it from flaking. The rest of my face was fine. I went to a dermatologist who prescribed some lotion. It helped, but never truly went away. After a few months of being vegan, Jimi pointed out that my forehead was super smooth. After I thought about it, I had not been applying lotion anymore to that area – it totally cleared up on its on.
I love knowing that I’m putting good stuff in my body and my body is responding by being good to me